Hello

If I understand correctly, your allocations are going to swap as soon as you use more than half of your available local RAM? I don't see any reason for this unless some additional limit is preventing you from using more. Is there any chance your job was allocated with less memory (for instance SLURM uses Linux cgroups)?

IIRC, cat /proc/self/cgroup will tell you if you are in a "memory" cgroup and its path. Then you can go in something like /sys/fs/cgroup/memory/<path> and dig in files there.

For the record, hwloc takes care of ignoring NUMA nodes that are not available due to cgroups. However cgroup memory limits are more difficult because they don't apply to specific nodes but rather to the entire available memory in the machine, hence it's not easy to expose them in hwloc.

Brice