When I'm taking about a Latin Keyboard layout is when I use a keyboard with ñ, Ñ and mainly I have the following characters in the key located over the tab key º, |, and other one that I couldn't type, When I have a Spanish Keyboard layout in the same key I have º ª and \, The problem is that I tought that when I tried to type something using KDE2 the characters shown when I pressed some key doesn't match with the key that I pressed.
Then I uninstall kde2, I checked again the configuration and I didn't work, Then I pressumed that the problem is located in Xfreee86.
But, I am not sure about that.
My question is:
The problem that I have is located in Xfree86 or in Kernel.
I was looking for some information and I found two Xmodmap files, one in my home directory, and another one in the system directory. Which one do I have to modify?
I am not so good using linux, I do not undertand a lot of things, but I am trying to understand it.
I saw the Xfree86 configuration file and I saw a line that said something like "Layout=es@eu" if I change this line to "Layout=la" could this be enought?
Thanks..

Ionel Mugurel Ciobîcã wrote:
20011019170624.D19454@bambam">