I send the last mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] insead of [EMAIL PROTECTED] , so I resend it again.

Anyone have plan about how to support Unicode Surrogate on X Windows ?

Currently "iso10646-1" in the XLFD mean BMP of Unicode. What should we do with Surrogate ?
The current X font structure assume max 16 bits font. Should we break surrogate into 16 fonts to support 16 plan?

how about "iso10646-1" for plan 0 - which is BMP
"iso10646-1p1" for Plane 1 ... "iso10646-1p16" for plan 16

Any information I should know ? Any other proposal ? Anyone already working on part of this issue?

also, fyi, Microsoft and Adobe specify new FORMAT code 12 in OpenType 'cmap' to support surrogate. What isplan for  FreeType and other TrueType related technology to support it? How ?

BTW, we (mozilla text and i18n group) are currently working adding surrogate support for window version of mozilla, it will be nice if we can do the same thing on Linux and MacOS X.

see Code2001 in
http://home.att.net/~jameskass/code2001.htm I