Oops, sorry, I've just sent in mine; I hadn't checked the list yet.

I don't think there's a need to make the use of SS/GR dependent on the
locale; in practice, single shifts will only happen in EUC locales.
So I've set it to true by default, and added a command-line flag.

There's a minor problem with your patch: 7 bit keyboard mode should
disable use of GR.

Other than that, it looks like there's a bug in my patch: it doesn't
properly set the high bit of the high byte in a double-byte encoding.
I'll send a revised patch ASAP.

                                        Juliusz