On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> Just that you have an idea about this, look at the current standartization
> efforts for allowing non-ASCII DNS names.

Yes, I do follow it. Proves my point - if the DNS system could be slowly,
but steadily made open, why not X, or Unix etc.

> Please, please: the topics you raise don't belong in this list. There is,
> e.g: linux-utf8 for linux.

FYI - here is the i18n list definition:

"Discussions about internationalization and localization support in X."

Bidi is a valid issue below the application layer.  Bringing up Turkey,
LTR only, passports, ASCII is off-topic.  So, I appreciate your continuous
efforts to keep the discussion on-topic.  Let us keep it that way.