Keith Packard wrote on 2002-07-06 10:34 UTC:
> I got the European coverage information from
>
>       http://www.evertype.com/alphabets/
>
> I don't know why all of the latin languages include @ and ', it's
> probably just a mistake; they're easily removed.

Actually, thanks to URLs and email addresses, which can and do contain
*all* ASCII characters, in practice full 7-bit ASCII coverage is
required for writing *any* contemporary language. Only Romans,
Egyptians, Babylonians, Etruscans, etc. still get away without email ... :)

In addition, UCS specifically states that no UCS subset should exclude
the Basic Latin range of U0020-U007e.

Therefore, the ASCII coverage of Michael Everson's alphabet list should
more be seen as an academic curiosity, and not as relevant to
implementations.

Markus