Around 13 o'clock on Jul 9, Erik van der Poel wrote:

> Not that you need any more input to make this decision, but there is
> some precedent to go with LC_CTYPE too: the X Consortium went with that
> for both text output and keyboard input in their i18n work circa X11R5.

Ok, so now what do I do with applications which haven't called
setlocale (LC_ALL, "")?  Do I:

        a)      call setlocal (LC_ALL, "") myself?
        b)      use $LANG or $LC_CTYPE?
        c)      Ignore the locale information and leave the
                font language preference unset?

Keith Packard        XFree86 Core Team        HP Cambridge Research Lab