Hi,

At Thu, 1 Aug 2002 22:51:39 +0000 (UTC),
Bruce M Beach wrote:

> > The patch for xterm:
> >     http://www.xfree86.org/pipermail/i18n/2002-June/003265.html
>
>      I have XFree86 version 4.2 and tried to apply your patch
>      but the code in xc/programs/xterm bears no resemblance
>      to your patch. I couldn't even apply the patch by hand.
>      Are you using a different source tree or are there other
>      patches involved.

The base xterm must be taken from XFree86 CVS.
There is also a web page which summarize patch and so on.
Please see http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/xterm.html .

>      I downloaded some fonts from somewhere and If I try
>
>      xterm -u8 -fn \
>      -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--16-120-75-75-c-0-unicode-0 \
>      -e luit -g2 'GB 2312'

I don't know about the font.  Please use *-iso10646-1 fonts which
are shipped with XFree86.  If you want to use CJK doublewidth
characters (I am sure you want to do), there are some limitation
on font selection.  Please see the above web page for detail.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/
"Introduction to I18N"  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/intro-i18n/