On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Baiju M wrote:

Hello All,

  I want to write a XIM and XOM for Indian Language.
  I got some suggestions XCIN Developer also. But
  I want to write a Encoding based XIM, XIM should
  be independent of language and font.

  I want to use ISCII as my Encoding. So I can transliterate to
  any language at run-time. It should be handled by XOM (?).

  Simple Layout :
  ==============

  Input

   \|/
   XIM  <-- ASCII to FIE  Rule file.
    |       ISCII is NOT a permentent. User can able
    |       to use any kind of Encoding ( to Unicode, to TSCII,
    |       etc ), So it will become Encoding Free XIM (?)
   \|/
  File / Memory - FIE (Font Independent Encoding)

   \|/
   XOM  <-- FIE to Glyph Rule file for every Language.
    |       @ Runtime depending upon the user Lang setting
    |         correct rule file is selected.
   \|/
 Display

 FIE to Glyph mapping is 1:1 / 2:1 / 1:2 / ... *:*
 Bcoz of the mapping Cursor handling is become a big problem.

 Can you help me ?

* Correct me if anything wrong in the above.
* Comments and suggestion are welcome :)
* I am not an Xpert :)

Thanks to all,
--
--==| Bharathi S | BSB-364 DONLab | IIT-Madras |==--
Even demand become a joy