On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Vladimir Karpenko wrote:

> I have proble with xkb and xkbdxomp!
> I had set up XF86Config-4 file to work with rwo layouts! Russian and
> english! But when i load xfree86, i get the following message:

What version of XFree? (Or: from what distro and version?)

Can you also please quote the relevant parts of your XF86Config-4 ?

Also:

> > The XKEYBORD keymap compiler(xkbcom) reports:
                                     """
xkbcomp?

> >>ERROR:            Can't find file xfree86 for keycodes includes
> >>                            Exiting.
> >>                            Abandonig keycodes file default
> > Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server.
> > Couldnot load XKB keymap, falling bacvk to pre-xkb keymap
                                        """
back?

Is this an exact error message, or is it typed by you?

(Sorry if I sound suspicious and hostile. I don't mean to)

--
Tzafrir Cohen
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]