--- Ivan Pascal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Robert Kopp wrote:
> > I sought to enable Russian keyboard input in Linux
> by
> > modifying the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file,

> > However, as a foreign student of Russian, I would
> > prefer a so-called homophonic or phonetic keyboard
> > layout, using the same character set. How can I do
> > this?
>

> /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/ru
> or
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/symbols/ru

Спасибо, мнe удалось. However, Netscape is the only
application it will work with. This success is still
very important, Netscape activities accounting for at
least 50% of my total use of the computer. Can anyone
suggest other applications?

=====
Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/

"SAMBA--opening Windows to a wider world."