Andreas Tobler wrote on 2003-01-03 08:45 UTC:
> while cleaning up my mac kbd I'm looking for the per mille symbol , any
> idea how the xfree symbol is called? Also the ligature fl fi symbols, are
> they available under xfree?
> ? ?? partialderivative?

Most Unicode characters do not have extra keysym names and won't
get any. Use instead as the numeric keysym 0x01000000+unicode_value.
Works great and avoids us having to manage yet another useless
mapping table.

The ligatures fl and fi are in the BDF fonts, but are supressed in the
installed versions by the truncate.pl script at installation time. See
the readme file in my ucs-fonts.tar.gz package for a detailed explanation
of why I had to do this.

Read also:

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/unicode.html#x11

Markus