Danilo Segan wrote:

At least, if you opt for your suggestion of *_FALLBACK_TO, it would be nice to be able to set this through keymaps, by using „-option“ parameter to setxkbmap (or in XF86Config):
setxkbmap -layout "sr,yu,en_US" -option "grp:shift_toggle,alt-fb:1,ctl-fb:3"

Now that I think of it, this seems as a quite a good idea ;) Especially so if one uses only standard facilities for setting XKB up (setxkbmap, XF86Config, ...). If we want to take care of those using other switchers, we might need something on the lines of:

setxkbmap -layout "fr" -option "alt-fb:sr,ctrl-fb:en_US"

To make it more clear, here these would not be "fallbacks", but rather definite, so names should probably be on the lines of "alt+syms:" and "ctrl+syms:"

Regards,
Danilo