Hi, Ivan,

On jeudi, oct 2, 2003, at 10:09 Europe/Paris, Ivan Pascal wrote:
You can get latest sources from CVS (see www.xfree86.org/cvs/). You need
xc/programs/xkbcomp/ only. Then run
xmkmf
make install

Hmm, it seems I will need to setup a test computer, because usually I avoid to install something by hand. I'm not yet a very experienced Linux user, so if something go wring I'm not sure to be able to fix.

You can choose another key as AltGr using XkbOption

  lv3:switch            Press Right Control to choose 3rd level
  lv3:menu_switch       Press Menu key to choose 3rd level
  lv3:win_switch        Press any of Win-keys to choose 3rd level
  lv3:lwin_switch       Press Left Win-key to choose 3rd level
  lv3:rwin_switch       Press Right Win-key to choose 3rd level

Do you have some of those keys on your keyboard?

Yes, I have. I will try different keys.

BTW, where can I get the information about all different XkbOption and VkbVariant possibilities?

Unfortunately ALTLinux Master's  UTF-8 setup isn't well documented, so
I use KOI8-R locale now. I just use [export LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8 ;
oowriter] to be able to have a normal input. Not very convenient.

You could ask in one of www.altlinux.ru mail lists.

I did! It seems everybody is using KOI8-R locale, because I've got only the basic answers like put ru_RU.UTF-8 in your /etc/sysconfig/i18n. This one I know. But all the remaining steps are not clear (console driver, console fonts, adduser skeletons....). Many things can broke. I already made some UTF-8 locales with localedef and now I'm reading all mandrake and RH docs about locale setups and its problems.

Maybe for a test computer I will try RH9 or Debian or Gentoo, because their UTF-8 locale setup is very well documented. When I'll become comfortable with the topic, I'll apply this to ALTLinux Master.

Thanks a lot,

Vladimir

************************ Vladimir NOVIKOV [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] +++++ We don't need Windows, we don't need Gates, we have the whole Linux Universe. ************************