Hi Luca,

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 17:30:43 +0200, Luca Santini wrote:
> i need to interface with a TI tvp5150 (video codec), wired via
> i2c on my custom board.

Which board is that? In particular, which i2c bus drivers are you using?

> i'm on kernel 2.6.27git and i found there's a driver for the
> codec... but i get the 'SMBus not supported' error when i try
> to enable it.

I can't find the error message "SMBus not supported" anywhere in the
kernel tree, what is the exact error message?

> So old style coding...

New-style i2c drivers don't have much to do with what the underlying i2c
bus driver supports. Legacy vs. new-style is about how the devices are
created.

> I was trying to convert it to new-style when i found on the ML
> Archive someone had some similar problem....
>
> do somebody have some pre-coded patch for me?

Which mailing list archive? I can't remember any post related to the
tvp5150 driver before yours on the i2c list.

> After i made it work, how to communicate with it?

Not a question for this mailing list. Better ask the v4l people.

--
Jean Delvare