Hi folks,

The i2c mailing list will be moving to another host this week. There
are two reasons that motivated this decision:

* The address "i2c@lm-sensors.org" is error-prone. It makes developers
  believe that i2c and lm-sensors are still strongly related, while
  this is no longer the case. There are many subsystems using i2c (rtc,
  video, media...) and hwmon is only one of these. We keep receiving
  posts on the i2c list that should go to the lm-sensors list and posts
  on the lm-sensors list which should go to the i2c list due to this
  confusion. By moving the i2c list away from lm-sensors.org, I hope to
  put an end to this confusion.

* There have been many technical problems with the i2c mailing list
  over the past few months: recipients stripped off the Cc list, names
  split in the To or Cc list, bad interaction with other mailing lists,
  temporary unavailability... By moving the list to another host, I
  hope that all these problems will be solved as well.

The new mailing list will be named linux-i2c (to make it clearer what
exactly the list is about) and will be hosted on vger.kernel.org (which
already hosts the linux-pci and linux-usb mailing lists amongst many
others.) I invite all subscribers to the i2c list to subscribe to the
new list now. For this, all you have to do is send a mail to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with the following line in the mail body:

subscribe linux-i2c

And then follow the instructions.

In 48 hours (that is, on October, Wednesday 29th, at 13:00 UTC), the old
i2c mailing list will be closed. All attempts to post to it will
redirect the poster to the new linux-i2c mailing list. I'll see what
facility mailman implements to make this as user-friendly and automatic
as possible.

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare