> On 31 Oct 2020, at 15:12, tom petch <daedu...@btconnect.com> wrote:

>> I am lost what information is missing from the IANA registry.
>

> Tero
>
> Thanks for getting back to me.  What is missing from the IANA registry is the
> guidance as to the status of the algorithm, how highly it is recommended or
> not.  This I-D tells people to go to RFC8247 and the IANA Registry for
> advice; RFC8247 gives that advice; the IANA web page does not.

It’s possible to add a column in the IANA registry, but it is not possible to
capture the information from 8247 in such a table.

RFC 8247 has “MAY” and “SHOULD+” labels, but it also has comments and a bunch
of explanation, such as that some algorithm is a SHOULD for IoT, but not
otherwise. I think it’s better to point people at the RFC where the information
is, rather than post very partial information in an IANA table.

Yoav