Hi Paul!

> Could I submit them as independent submissions to the IETF

Yes, you can absolutely try to request publication from the Independent Stream
Editor (ISE) that is outside of the IETF stream.

> with the sponsor of Roman or somebody else?
> https://www.rfc-editor.org/about/independent/

With no judgement on their technical contribution, I will not AD sponsor these
documents.  They represent a substantial amount of work across multiple
documents that will require feedback, iteration and review.  This is not ideal
for AD-sponsorship under the best of circumstances – it is just too big of a
body of integrated work which has not seen substantial IETF discussion or a
significant community signal of need.  The other hesitation to sponsor is my
ability to generate the needed interest from community review.  Having just
closed a WG on this same topic, it was extremely challenging to muster the
needed energy for reviews in chartered items.

> … or somebody else?
> https://www.rfc-editor.org/about/independent/

Other ADs might feel differently.  There is also the SecDispatch WG process.

Regards,
Roman