The text at the end of this section talks about the I2RS agent re-evaluating a set of writes done by a client when the assigned priority of the client changes. Dealing with such changes makes sense.

I am confused by the specific proposal. What is being reevaluated, and why are notifications being sent? Since the I2RS agent does not store operations from clients which are not active, there is no way that changing the priority can cause a previously ignored operation to be applied. Equally, if the priority is lowered, there is now way that any other I2RS cleint operation will suddenly take precedence.

The only case I can construct is if the routing system is using priority to decide between local config and I2RS (which earlier changes seem to rule out). IN that case, a change could cause an I2RS client operation to be removed in favor of local config. Even that case would seem to cause only a single notification of that event, not a whole series of notifications.

Yours, somewhat confused,
Joel