Hi,

thanks for sharing your config.

Am 01.08.2013 05:40, schrieb Sylvain Benner:
> Hello,
> 
> Big user of i3 here from Canada, Quebec.
> First a big thanks to the whole community for such a damn good WM.
> 
> Recently I tried to encapsulate all the key bindings of i3 in a main mode
> called.... i3 which can be enabled and disabled by pressing $mod key.
> The result can be seen here:
> https://raw.github.com/syl20bnr/config/master/.i3/config
> 
> It has now sub modes and their names are displayed with a breadcrumb style.
> It is possible to go up in the hierarchy by pressing backspace or discard
> any current mode with Escape or $mod.
> I read somewhere that Michael uses an ergo keyboard with some levels, I
> guess this config reproduces the feeling.
> 
> The missing part is the toggle feature for the i3bar (I want to stick i3bar
> when an i3 mode is enabled and hide it when leaving a mode).

As far as I know, i3bar (in hide mode) will show automatically when a
mode is activated. Furthermore, in the next branch in git i3 has a
command for showing/hiding i3bar and switching between dock and hide
mode:
http://code.stapelberg.de/git/i3/commit/?h=next&id=e3913093b6b233ec30ce7fc8504d095f55c5e1db

> 
> Anyway being able to do it so easily in i3 is like a dream comes true. so
> here is why I'm happy to share !
> 
> -syl20bnr-
> 

Best
jj

Reply via email to