Hi Zeus,

Zeus Panchenko <z...@ibs.dn.ua> writes:
> 1. start i3 (it starts emacs and firefox automatically)
> 2. switch to emacs desktop (No.4) and started jabber.el mode
> 3. switched to desktop No.1 and launched terminal
> 4. sent myself test message from another box
>
>    desktop No.4 indicator remained as was
i3 is not seeing any urgency hint changes, which you can verify by using
bzgrep -i urgen i3log-20131104_111417.dump.log.bz2 — all the lines show
that either the urgency state changes to 0, or it is ignored because the
window is currently focused.

So, I’d check jabber.el to see whether it properly updates the urgency
hint.

> 5. switched to firefox desktop (No.10) and started to download file
> 6. switched to desktop No.1 and waited until ff spawns info popup
>    concerning the download completion
>
>    desktop No.10 indicator remained as was (may be because of ff pop, but
>    in older versions of i3 I remember it was showing the event)
I think the following commit adresses this:
http://code.stapelberg.de/git/i3/commit/?h=next&id=e99158e419d4204bbce16ea5df249c630636ed3d
(it’s newer than the version of i3 you are running)

--
Best regards,
Michael