Hello Michael,

thanks much for your feedback.

I've changed my copy to:

      if (path == NULL) {
          if (thermal_zone == NULL) {
              if (path == NULL)
                  asprintf(&thermal_zone, THERMAL_ZONE, zone);
              else
                  asprintf(&thermal_zone, path, zone);
          }
          path = thermal_zone;
      }

as I provide the full paths to the sensor outputs in my config file.

But before I submit a patch, I wanted to ask whether this still catches
the intention of this method?

I think your code will actually not work properly either, because
thermal_zone is a static variable. I think you’ll need to kill that
variable entirely to make multiple instances of the cpu_temperature
module work.

The temperatures are correctly displayed for me. With my configuration, 'path' should never be NULL and therefore 'thermal_zone' never actually used.

But yes, I would question the use of the static variable entirely. It's not clear to me what the intention here is. Thanks.

Cheers,
  Marco