Hi dharmin,

Please direct questions like this to i3-discuss@ (cc'ed), not me
personally.

dharmin thakkar <dharmi...@gmail.com> writes:
> Here I am writing regards to how to setup i3 tiling window manager on my
> OS. Since I saw this i3 in my tutor's laptop when he was teaching, I have
> been trying for last few months on how to install this on my OS.
> But, there is no article or information available on internet as far as my
> searched went through about how to install i3 on various types of OS and
> what are the software requirements of the terminal
>
> Anyway,
> I have MacBook pro retina display one has OS 10.9
> So could you please help me here with my questions.??
> All I want to know in nutshell is if I have OSX 10.9 then what softwares or
> other OS do I need to run i3??
i3 only works on Linux. I recommend asking your tutor, as in-person help
is very valuable and works much better than trying to help other people
over the internet.

Once you have Linux running on your machine and are somewhat accustomed
to it, feel free to install i3 and try to get it running.

Note that i3 is _NOT_ recommended for people who are just getting
started with Linux. Our target audience is power users and programmers
specifically.

--
Best regards,
Michael