Hi all, now that there is saving and restoring of layouts, is it possible
to "launch" a placeholder window? I mean, in order to build layouts with
empty areas in a natural way, as sometimes having an app maximized is not
what I want (say, a pdf reader in a very big screen). Some manual tilers
like ratpoison and stumpwm have the ability to show empty leaves of the
split tree, but i3 requires a window to be there, always. But now there are
placeholders which are almost nothing, so can I create these no-windows the
same way as other windows? (that is, without saving, editing and restoring
a layout). It would be an interesting possibility to manipulate empty space
as if it were a window (indeed, mostly implemented, except for the creation
part, I think).

Cheers
--
Carlos