I have written my own python script to append a workspace layout to a
workspace. As part of this it also creates the workspace on the fly. The script
will automatically append a layout to a named workspace and launch applications
that will get "swallowed" by that workspace upon launch.

It works fine, except for one small detail. Once the applications get swallowed
everything looks fine. I see the applications in their proper layout and I see
the toolbar that shows the workspaces (including the newly created one).
However as soon as I move the cursor the toolbar disappears (the layout expands
to cover it). If I kill the applications in that workspace then the toolbar
becomes visible again.

The layout file is generated by another python script that I created. It mimics
i3-save-tree (except that it does not have the i3-save-tree bug that I
mentioned previously).

I'm sure that I'm doing something slightly wrong with the layout file creation.
Yet as I said this mechanism is almost working perfectly. W

What would cause the toolbar to auto-hide?

-
This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain information
that is company confidential or privileged.  Any technical data in this message
may be exported only in accordance with the U.S. International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (22 CFR Parts 120-130) or the Export Administration Regulations (15
CFR Parts 730-774). Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for
delivering to the intended recipient, you should not read, copy, disclose or
otherwise use this message. If you have received this email in error, please
delete it, and advise the sender immediately.
-