Howdy-ha, all. This message is basically a rehash of a question I asked on the
FAQ.[1] It didn't get any responses, so I'm just giving this list a shot to see
if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for the portion of the i3 source code that controls the thickness
(height) of the titlebar borders, in the hopes of increasing that thickness. The
goal is to make the border slight thicker in order to make it more prominent,
making it another indicator of the focus status of a window rather than a mere
aesthetic supplement to the background color of the window's titlebar (although
I also think it would look nice; it's not *just* a practical thing ;) ).

I'm not much of a coder, so the closest related thing I've found that seems
relevant is the following snippet from '<i3_source_root>/src/x.c':

> /* 5: draw two unconnected horizontal lines in border color */
> xcb_change_gc(conn, parent->pm_gc, XCB_GC_FOREGROUND, (uint32_t[])
> {p->color->border});
> Rect *dr = &(con->deco_rect);
> int deco_diff_l = 2;
> int deco_diff_r = 2;
> if (parent->layout == L_TABBED) {
>     if (TAILQ_PREV(con, nodes_head, nodes) != NULL)
>         deco_diff_l = 0;
>     if (TAILQ_NEXT(con, nodes) != NULL)
>         deco_diff_r = 0;
> }
>
> xcb_segment_t segments[] = {
>     {dr->x, dr->y,
>     dr->x + dr->width - 1, dr->y},
>     {dr->x + deco_diff_l, dr->y + dr->height - 1,
>     dr->x - deco_diff_r + dr->width - 1,
>     dr->y + dr->height - 1}};
> xcb_poly_segment(conn, parent->pixmap, parent->pm_gc, 2, segments);

This mostly seems to control the position and padding of the border, but not its
thickness/height, so I feel like it's the wrong place to look.  If anyone can
either correct me if I'm wrong or let me know where in the code to look, I'd
appreciate it.  Thanks for your time; take care.

- Bigby

[1]: https://faq.i3wm.org/question/5385/code-for-window-title-border/

--
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams