Hi Tony,

Thanks for the pointer, the standard ubuntu has i3 at 4.7. I upgraded
to 4.10.x following suit to your advice.

However, the xcomposite windows are detected, but only selectable from
the same i3 workspace where OBS is running. The xcomposite windows
from other windows are listed, but once selected, it replaces with a
red area instead of the window itself.

/z