On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 01:58,  <fors...@ozonline.com.au> wrote:
> Yes, please, all meetings listed in UTC.
>
> There are now proposals for Deployment and Community meetings. What are the
> scope of the two meetings? Is there overlap? Are both going ahead?

There shouldn't be much overlap, I think. We still need to formally
agree the mission of the community team, but I would sum it up
provisionally as "Making Sugar Labs a great place to come and work
together on Sugar".

The deployment team is more a meeting place for those people deploying
Sugar so developers and other SLs contributors don't need to go asking
individually about their opinions on things.

> Attending meetings is a big commitment from Australia/NZ, they are typically
> 4am local time, we understand that mid Atlantic timing suits most people.
> Just want to know whats worth setting an alarm clock for.

I think we should see meetings as a nicety (specially important for
bootstrapping and coordinating efforts) but not a prerequisite for
entering into any discussions. Minutes and logs should be available
after each meeting and I think it should be normal to see threads in
the mailing lists quoting what was discussed during the meeting.

Regards,

Tomeu