Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 10:56:22 -0400
From: marife.m...@gmail.com
To: support-g...@lists.laptop.org
Subject: Re: [support-gang] Voting Continues: Gnome vs Sugar -- The
judgement day

When I first play around with the XO 1.5 I was pleased with the switch desktop
feature, I even shared it with my eKindling team and the same way they have a
positive reaction with having sugar and gnome.  I don't think that having this
feature will take us away from our educational objective.  It will solely
depend on how this is implemented during the deployment. I see this feature as
a great way to leverage the XO. For example the primary level kids will not
care much about this switch as they have so many activities to explore in Sugar
and they'll depend much on what is being presented to them, as well as the
teachers who doesn't have much exposure with computers.  As for the higher
level class say grades 4-6 there's nothing wrong for them to explore GNOME as
you are preparing them to have diversity in learning technology and it will be
good for them to be expose with the most commonly used desktop environment.

@marife