> What a depressing talk... Did anyone see any learning happening?
> -walter

Walter

I presume you refer to the student achievements being at the lower end of
Bloom's Taxonomy: internet search and data retrieval with little evidence of
having thought about the information on the way?

In one test, which may have been a test of simple recall, the students were
tested 2 months later. The test results were just as high. That implies that
the students did process the information more deeply, simple recall I would
expect to decay faster.

The experiments did show that young children can achieve a lot with interesting
challenges and suitable tools. It also showed that learning is socially
mediated, (as in Vygotsky).

What I would like to see is more depth. Given that children learn spontaneously
with interesting challenges and good tools and that they learn socially, which
were already established facts, what can be done to to build on this?

Tony