On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Tony Anderson <tony_ander...@usa.net> wrote:
Apparently, it is another victim to 'deprecation'. Possibly the most
important feature of Sugar today is that it is based on Python 2.7 which is
not being 'enhanced'.

What do you mean? ASLO is based on very old technology, which is going to get broken.

10/10 would love to improve ASLO. I actually did an "ASLO2" effort a while ago, although that failed for reasons that are documented on my blog. I would be up for using a AppStream and PackageKit based stack to reinvent the activity store experience though.

Re Sugar using python2; a port to python3 was previously investigated as part of last years GSoC. We can port it baring our telepathy-python dependency. (FYI there has not been a commit for telepathy salut or gabble in the past 2 years. Dead upstream? Still, there are so many bugs that affect sugar. 10/10 would love to port collab to using something like Matrix.Org - the spec is *way* is more easy to understand than telepathy. Telepathy seems much more complex than Sugar needs - we don't need abstract multi-backend support.

Thanks,
Sam