Pak, ini ada penjelasan lebih spesifik ttg "cahaya gempa" atau EQL (earthquake
lights)

saya kutip dari paper berjudul "Earthquake lights and the stress-activation of
positive hole charge carriers in rocks by France St-Laurent , John S. Derr ,
Friedemann T. Freund"  >> nuhun pak Franc atas kiriman papernya.

==================================

On the basis of the foregoing discussion we propose that the luminous phenomena
associated with earthquakes, often called earthquake lights, EQL, are caused by
electric discharges. The source of these discharges lies in the Earth's crust,
in confined rock volumes that represent asperities and build up high and
rapidly increasing stresses as part of the earthquake preparation process. Such
stresses activate electronic charge carriers that lie dormant in the rocks.
These charge carriers are p-holes and electrons, of which the p-holes have the
unique property that they

can propagate through otherwise insulating rocks. If the rate at which the
p-holes and electrons are activated exceeds the rate at which they can be
dissipated, a situation may arise where the p-holes form a degenerate solid
state plasma that can burst out of its confined rock volume and  propagate at
relatively high speed through the overlying rocks. When this charge cloud
intersects the Earth's surface, it causes ionization of the air and, hence,
corona discharges, which are accompanied by the emission of light. The many
different forms and shapes of EQLs that have been reported suggest that the
conditions of the solid state plasma and its discharge through the Earth's
surface can be highly variable. Our conclusions seem to be consistent with not
only the observed luminous phenomena but also with the reported emission of
radio-frequency electromagnetic radiation and other effects.

sedangkan dentuman itu sendiri, bukannya sudah dijelaskan di milis ini satu
bulan yang lalu ketika pak Irwan menerangkan ttg suara misterius dari imogiri,
berikut kutipannya: