Dear Explorationist,

*The 37th IAGI ANNUAL CONVENTION BANDUNG 2008.*

We would like to inform you that the Pre-Convention IAGI Fieldtrip "Rift
Basin Petroleum Geology Central-North Sumatra", scheduled on August 21-25,
2008.

For further information, please kindly contact Endra Sulistya (0817843733;
[EMAIL PROTECTED]), Fuad Ahmadin N (085276436155; [EMAIL PROTECTED]) or GDA
office 021-83792688.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Best regards,

Committee

The 37th IAGI ANNUAL COVENTION BANDUNG 2008 PRESENT:

Pre-Convention IAGI Fieldtrip:

*"Rift Basin Petroleum Geology Central-North Sumatra**"*

Overview

Rift basin is a major type of sedimentary basin in Indonesia. Some  components
of petroleum system are found within rift system. Fluvial, deltaic, and
marine depositional system are found respectively and recognized as synrift
sediment. Its  process describe as early of synrift, rift climax and post
rift phase interpretation. We will learn all of synrift system in
conjunction with petroleum system. We will visit some outcrops in Gunung Tua
as the product of ancient time, and current sedimentation in Toba Lake Area
as analouge. By learning of Lake Toba physiography will be guided you to
learn initial phase of synrift.

Lacustrine Facies Analysis of Toba Lake is also interesting topic to be
discussed. It will guide you to understand how algae as kerogen type I is
formed and preserve and how local hydrothermal activity affects of
the character of the lacustrine deposite. Toba lake lacustrina is analogue
for Pematang and Menggala Formation of the Palaogene ago. Another thing such
as fan delta deposit, lacustrine delta, and meandering depositional system
is other topic to discuss in conjunction with reservoir.

Lead by Andang Bachtiar, 26 years experiences explorationist, you will get
in touch the history of greatest geological scene, learning about
sedimentology, and discuss petroleum system of the Central Sumatra Basin.

Instructor

Mr. Andang Bachtiar

26 years experience in oil and gas industry.

Date & Venue

August 21-25, 2008

(5 day & 4 night)

At Central-North Sumatra

Registration Fee

Cost US $ 1700/Participant

Include: Airfare Jakarta-Medan-Gn.Tua and Medan-Jakarta, accommodation
during the trip, guide book, insurance, shirt, meal , trip round Toba Lake

Registration deadline: August 14, 2008

Maximum Participant: 20

Minimum Participant: 12

Registration fee into :

Geosain Delta Andalan, Bank Niaga – Soepomo A/C: 025-02-00533-000 USD

Kirim email ke