WOW!  I did a horrible job of that orriginal email.  :-)  Everyone is confused.  Here's some clarification.

The four gents that I mentioned in the original email have already made it.  Basically I defaulted them onto the list because they were obvious choices.  The committers are also already chosen.  They were contributors years ago and have worked their way into committer status with fantastic contributions to the project.

Now what we're looking for is anyone who we missed.  This will be a regular activity from now on.  We want to make sure that we recognize individuals for their contributions on an ongoing basis.

Open source is driven by excellent communities.  So congrats to everyone who've made it so far.

Sorry for all of the confusion, I hope this clears it up.

Cheers
Clinton