Hello,

Thanks for the replies to my Ibatis inquiry...

My OS is Windows 2000, I'm using Java version "1.5.0_03", I do my compiling/coding with Eclipse V3.02.

I'm really just interested in getting the most basic query functional and working from there...

I'll look at the links already generously supplied in replies to my post, but any *simple* (talk to me like I'm 4 -grin-) examples would also be welcome.

I've been trying to get the example in the tutorial working and it grants me a lovely 500 Internal Server Error...

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot allocate servlet instance for path /servlet/itest
	org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.serveRequest(InvokerServlet.java:388)
	org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.doGet(InvokerServlet.java:133)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)

root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
	sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
  I assume by this error java is looking for something...?

Thanks again,
Dave