currently everything is setter/getter based. So, you would need to
provide a getter at minimum for your constant. We could discuss direct
access to public properties. I don't think that would be too
difficult. It might even be a cool idea to use an alias like daniel
discussed. However, it would require some discussion on how to resolve
potential name conflicts. If you define 'myObject' as an alias to a
constant class and then in your mapped statement you had a 'myObject'
property on the parameterClass... how would you distinguish between
the myObject alias and the myObject property?

Ex.

<typeAlias name="myObject" type="my.super.cool.MyObject"/>

<select id="myCoolSelect" parameterClass="SomeClass">
SELECT ...
WHERE id=#myObject.aProperty# <-- how would we resolve this?
</select>

We might have to introduce a notation to define when an alias is being used.
Something like [EMAIL PROTECTED] for accessing an alias.

Just some thoughts for discussion.

Anyway, can someone add this stuff to JIRA.We should have this
discussion over there.

Brandon