You have hit the main reason that I am "concerned" about support >80
characters. The other one is sequence numbers. Almost all of our JCL has
sequence numbers and everybody is used to having them. In most cases,
this will not be a problem because the sequence number would be a
comment. However, we do have a few jobs which extend out all the way to
column 72. In that, relatively rare, case, the comment might be taken as
more data for the JCL interpreter.

I also agree that the historic limit of 80 columns on a 3270 screen
could likely be a problem. I have a C source library which is VB/255. I
run a mod-5 (27x132) and, like you, I tried to indent "properly". Even
at 132, I had problems due to the length of some my lines. Perhaps I
just too wordie as a programmer. (Example - in COBOL I almost alway use
'IS EQUAL TO' instead of a simple '='. I'm really weird.)

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its'
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.