Okay, we still have OS PL/I 2.3 so, if I get a chance, I'll try
it with that. It should work with OS PL/I 2.3 too.

In the meantime, do you:
a) Link with the OLD runtime (SIBMBASE and PLIBASE) and then
   execute with the OLD runtime (SIBMLINK and PLILINK)
b) Link with the OLD runtime but execute with LE (SCEERUN)
c) Link with LE (SCEELKED) and, of course, execute with LE

This can and, often does, makes a difference.

Also, check with your sysprog and ensure that all released
PTFS for 2.3 have been applied.

--
Jeff