Hello List,

OK, first time to try this and I have an up-front question for you TSO /
Rexx gurus:

I want to create a new PDS (not PDSE) member in an existing PDS that already
has members. I plan on creating the "new" member name via my REXX logic. My
question is how to bridge the gap between my REXX program for my "new" PDS
member in an existing PDS.

Do I "ADDRESS TSO ALLOCATE DA('MY.OLD.PDS(rexx-supplied-NEW-member-name))
OLD/SHR ?????
How do you get the new records for the new member into the PDS? EXECIO ??
(which I assume will want the member specified when the file is allocated?

Seems simple enough, but not clear from RTFM.

TIA to all.

HITACHI
 DATA SYSTEMS

Raymond E. Noal