I have now also seen, that CA-MIM uses a VSAM dataset to coordinate
resources across multiple Sysplexes.
Jon

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag
von Ted MacNEIL
Gesendet: Montag, 23. Mai 2005 02:00
An: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Betreff: Re: Converting CA-MIM to GRS

Sorry, this was intended for the list.

At one time (if I am not mistaken) GRS was not able to coordinate resources
across multiple Sysplexes, where as CA-MIM could.

GRS will never co-ordinate across multiple instances, if you use GRS*.
In the STAR configuration, you have the control structure in the CF.
You cannot share CF's among SYSPLEX's.
If you put CA-MIM's control into the CF (big performance boost), then you
suffer from the same restriction.

BTW, I don't remember if GRS-RING will allow sharing amoung PLEX's.
But, there is a big performance penalty with more than 3-4 images.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]