From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Baraniecki, Ray
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 12:09 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Rexx Question

I am performing the following instructions "
If year > "1900" Then year = year - 1
day = (year + (year / 4) + jday) // 7" in the hope of receiving an
answer ranging from 1 through 7.
When the year = 2004 and the julian day = 147 I get a result of 4.75. I
was expecting an answer of 4 which would indicate Wednesday.

Can someone help?

Thanks,

Ray Baraniecki
Technical Consultant
Morgan Stanley IIG
75 Varick Street
New York, NY 10013
917-237-7066
**** Important Notice to Recipients ****
It is important that you do not use e-mail to request, authorize or effect
the purchase or sale of any security or commodity, to send fund transfer
instructions, or to effect any other transactions. Any such request, orders,
or instructions that you send will not be accepted and will not be processed
by Morgan Stanley.