"Jousma, David" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...

> All,
>
> Just a hypothetical question.  Hoping someone here has the answer
> already.
> We are getting ready to enable RLS for testing purposes, and the
> Storage guy was scratching his head asking how we would move a VSAM
> Dataset opened for RLS, shared across multiple LPARS on different CEC's
> In the SAME parallel sysplex.  We already use Softek Replicator to move
> Data volume to volume under the covers, so I will follow-up with them
> too.
>
> Just really wondering how others have handled the situation.  The
> obvious
> Answer to shutdown all address spaces using the dataset would work, but
> That may not be easily possible given our environment.

The data set would have to be fully closed around the sysplex and must not
have retained or lost locks before it can be moved.  For CICS opens, the
data set can be quiesced with a single command.  You can also query if the
data set is opened any where in the plex with the IDCAMS  SHCDS command
using the LISTDS keyword.

Thanks,
Mark Thomen
Catalog/IDCAMS/VSAM Development