IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> wrote on 06/01/2005
11:57:07 AM:

> We have WLM-managed initiators on and all JES initiators are
> normally drained. WLM service classes are assigned according to the
> userid of the submitted batch job.

> If I submit a batch job with a development userid, which gets a
> development service class and a WLM-managed initiator, the job
> suffers the SA78-1C.

> If I submit the job with a production userid, which gets a
> production service class and a WLM-managed initiator, the job
> completes without incident.

> If I start a JES initiator, set MODE=JES for its jobclass, and run
> the job in that jobclass, it completes without incident - even with
> a development userid.

> I think I feel an IPL coming on, assuming we make it to Sunday
> without falling over.. Unless anyone knows any fancy WLM commands
> that might flush out whatever may be causing this..??

  I would start with

 SLIP SET,A=SVCD,ML=1,C=A78,RE=1C,ID=DA78,END

  Does the job in question use DIV?  If not, maybe some DIV
infrastucture somehow was not cleaned up by a job which ran in that
initiator.  After getting a dump, try stopping the affected initiator(s)
via  P INIT,A=xxxx

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY