From: McKown, John [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 10:11 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: SESSION MANAGMENT

IBM Netview (Tivoli now?) used to do session management.

MacKinney's VTAM/Switch
http://www.mackinney.com/products/vtam/vtam_switch.htm

Out of curiousity, why bother anymore? Surely very few people are
running with true 3270 terminals. On a PC desktop (Windows or Linux or
*BSD), you could just fire up multiple TN3270 sessions. We have TPX, but
I never use it. I think most people who do use it are simply too lazy to
logon multiple times (we automate logons via TPX via ACL). Most of our
end users do not use TPX. They actually have multiple TN3270 sessions.
This is a plus because they have have both displayed on a dual monitor
so they can "keep an eye" on the other session easily without having to
"flip" over to it to take a look. Even with only a single monitor, you
can have one "big" 3270 screen and a "small" one for "subconscious
monitoring".

_
and
may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of
the
attachments from your system.