The command would be: D IOS,CONFIG(HSA)

Salah

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Bill Fairchild
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 6:55 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Additional DASD devices

-----Original Message-----
From: Werner Kuehnel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Sent: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 12:15:54 +0200
Subject: Additional DASD devices

Can someone tell me please, what storage areas will be used if I add let's
say 4096 DASD devices (new DASD subsystem) to my HCD configuration?
I seem to recall a situation months ago, when we defined our new STK V2XF
with the maximum of addresses, the available private region went down by 1
MB. Unfortunately I can't remember what areas caused this.

Werner

I/O devices, channels, control units, etc., are described by control blocks
that are in the part of central storage called the Hardware Storage Area
(HSA), which is allocated from the top down.  These control blocks are
normally accessed and accessible only by the channel subsystem.  Most of
them are not documented in the Principles of Operations.  I don't remember
if there is any MVS operator command that can display how large the HSA is.

Bill Fairchild