In a message dated 6/8/2005 10:50:41 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I just  took a quick look at one of the affected volumes.  Of 3800 datasets
on  the volume, 1600 of them have 0 tracks allocated, and have 44-character
dsnames.  This is a great example of how to fill up a VTOC and VTOCIX  before
the volume runs out of space, if the VTOC and VTOCIX were sized based  on
assumptions about what kinds of datasets normal people would create.   Maybe I
should put this guy's stuff in a special storage pool with volumes  that are
70%
VTOC , 30% VTOCIX, and no usable  space.

How about telling him to go to his room without supper?  Or a storage  pool
of write-only memory with DSN=NULLFILE substituted?

It is obvious this person needs some instruction, training,
disincentivization, management counseling, therapy, whatever.

All software products should be attacked by pathological cases like this
during test and debug, but normal operations should not be pathological.

Bill Fairchild