In a message dated 6/9/2005 8:38:39 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>Our  U.S. Constitution of 1787 says that the laws of individual states
>  outrank wannabe laws of the national government except for the  very
>few  cases  specifically written in the same quaint  document.

That was the 10th Amendment as I recall.

Correct.  "The  powers not delegated to the United States by the
Constitution, nor prohibited by  it to the States, are reserved to the States
respectively, or to the  people."  It became law on 15  DEC 1791 and became de
facto
meaningless on 09 APR  1865.

Bill  Fairchild