Bill Fairchild wrote:

OK. Now I get it. I thought all the work was done synchronously under the original SVC. Maybe this design makes it easier for WLM, but it would seem to make it more difficult for chargeback.

But, as Chris correctly points out, this could be remedied by establishing an enclave and having the CAS TCB join that enclave while it works on behalf of the client request. Such function takes time to design and implement. At present, it's likely near the bottom of the "needs to get done in a hurry" queue.

| Edward E. Jaffe                |                                |
| Mgr, Research & Development    | [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |
| Phoenix Software International | Tel: (310) 338-0400 x318       |
| 5200 W Century Blvd, Suite 800 | Fax: (310) 338-0801            |
| Los Angeles, CA 90045          | http://www.phoenixsoftware.com |