Thanks all.
Indeed weird software/programmer behaviour. At least we have Astex, that
does know what is inside an ESS.

Kees.

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...

> In a message dated 6/9/2005 4:29:10 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> RMF  cache reporting and the results of a LISTDATA STATUS command
> report a cache  size of 4,8, 12, 16, 32 GB and an NVS size of 1 GB -
> half the actual  size.
> This is because the information returned represents only the cluster  to
> which the logical control unit is attached.
>

> Ah, this is reminiscent of the 3880 caching control unit and its two cache

> halves.  In order to know the total workload on any given device, you had
> drive the CCWs to retrieve the cache storage totals and caching
statistics
> down two different channel paths to the device, then add the two  halves'
values
> together.  So the 2105's reporting software follows this  same
user-unfriendly
> philosophy.  Sure, some people want to know what each  cluster's size is.

> And many might want to know the totals for both without  having to go
through
> the manual step of addition or without having to build a  simple SYSOUT
scanner
> and adder program.  Sounds a lot like "working as  coded".
>
> Bill Fairchild

e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM),
its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
any delay in receipt.