From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 4:18 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Setting the Creation Date for datasets

But I've looked over RFC 959, and the only command with any text related
to "date" or "time" in this respect is "STRU P", which is highly
specific to TOPS-20.  This, of course does not prevent individual
implementors' providing the facility in a "QUOTE SITE xxx" command.  But
that doesn't appear to have found its way into any standard.

I just tried a Solaris-to-Solaris binary transfer, and the
file timestamp was not propagated.  Perhaps it's not so "immature".